December 6, 2008

Coaster Shower

The already mentioned coasters for our cartographer friend were completed. I made more than he asked for, so put some up on Etsy.


This was the first time I “embroided” with a sewing machine. It was an interesting experience for me how the embroiding is kind of eating up my thread. By the time I finished with all the mariner’s compass patterns, I used up about 400 meters (440 yards) of strong red thread.

I have a good progress on the “Coasters for Sailors” as well, you could have seen some of them on the previous post’s picture. I still have to sew the binding, then they will be packed and ready to set sail.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Very nice! Worth all 400 meters of thread.

Maria, Patchwork Mill said...

Thank you! (I bought some new threads.)
:)
Maria